Leather Cleaning & Conditioning
Leather is used to make shoes, belts, briefcases, purses, bags, hats, car interiors, furnishings, sofas…the lists goes on. With so many benefits it is no secret why leather is so popular. Leather is more durable then fabric, so it lasts longer. Leather breathes and adjusts to body temperature making it very comfortable to sit on. Leather has many faces; manufacturers techniques can create a rich look to compliment a formal room, or a rustic worn look for a mountain cabin. And finally, leather has a reputation of style and class and is usually more expensive than fabric.
Most leathers are easy to clean and care for, and when cleaned properly, maintains a higher appearance level throughout its life. Most consumers are forced to either clean their leather themselves, or neglect it altogether. Many of the products on the market developed for contractor cleaners are not appropriate for leather. They contain chemicals that break down leather finishes, which promote dryness and cracking. Some contain wax-type conditioners to soften leather, however over time; they become hardened and glazed up. Improper chemistry can result in permanently damaged leather.
We Clean, Restore and Condition
- Pigmented (painted)
- Based on the kind of leather to be cleaned we will choose the appropriate process and products.
- We test a inconspicuous area to ascertain the desired results.
- Vacuum crevices
- Low moisture Foam-clean (or for Nubuck, cloth clean) leather until all dirt has been removed from the surface of the leather and it wipes clean.
- Blow dry leather with a warm air
- Apply conditioner to revitalize and reinvigorate the leathers natural fat liquors (prevents cracking)
- Apply protection creme to protect against dirt and spills