Care tips for your wood floor
Your wood floors are an investment. When cared for properly, with regular cleaning and professional maintenance, you can enjoy your wood floor for many years to come. Same Day Carpet and Restoration provides wood floor cleaning and preserving services to bring back your floors luster.
- Vacuum/sweep wood floor regularly with a soft bristled attachment/broom
- Place mats at entrances to minimize tracking in moisture and dirt
- Avoid walking on wood floor with high heel shoes
- Trim your pets nails regularly to avoid scratches/gouges
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Avoid using wool/scouring pads and powders
- Avoid acidic/wax/ammonia/based cleaners
- If you must use water to clean, use a damp mop rather than a soaking wet one
- Wipe up standing water right away
- Rearrange furniture and rugs regularly so that sunlight/heat exposure ages wood evenly
- Have your wood floor professionally cleaned regularly
Same Day Restoration and Cleaning services all of San Diego County! Scripps Ranch, Carmel Valley, Coronado, Poway, San Diego, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, La Jolla, Chula Vista and more!