Marble has been used for thousands of years. Ancient buildings of marble still stand, which is a testament to its durability. It is created when limestone is heated to form a crystalline structure.
Despite it's durability, marble is actually quite porous and stains easily. However with regular cleaning and maintenance, it can virtually last forever.
To clean your marble:
- Blot up stains immediately. Many drinks, such as juice and coffee, are acidic and can easily stain and etch marble.
- Put toiletries, such as cosmetics, hair products, etc. on a tray to prevent stains from forming on your marble countertops.
- Clean surfaces using a soft cloth or sponge. Vacuums can scratch a marble floor with worn parts or if grit gets stuck in the wheels.
- Use hot water or a special stone cleaner. Generic cleaners – even alkaline ones – can stain, scratch and etch your marble. Never use vinegar or lemon for cleaning.
- Don't stand on marble countertops. Too much weight in one spot can cause marble to crack.
Same Day Restoration and Cleaning offers marble cleaning and sealing services. When you need professional care, we can make your marble floor or marble counter shine again!
Marble Cleaning in San Diego – Stone Shower Cleaning, Scripps Ranch, La Jolla, Poway, Solana Beach, Coronado, Chula Vista, Del Mar, Carmel Valley, Encinitas